Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 7: A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you

The two things/people that have had the biggest impact on my have been my parents and books. My parents have helped guide me in my decision-making, but books have helped me to step outside myself and examine who I really am. I've changed things about myself based on both of these influences. I've found that they've really been intertwined in my life, especially because my mother was the one who first opened me up to the world of books at the age of three. She didn't have the same voracious passion for reading that I have, but she has always encouraged me to continue reading. My dad has also been a great example to me of what reading can do for you as he has studied the scriptures and gospel books his entire life. He has become a learned man because of this, and it is my goal to become the same some day (well you know without the man part). I'm so glad that I've had both of these influences in my life.







No comments: