Monday, March 1, 2010

Blood and Nonsense

Lone

One leech by a clotting stream


thin and dying

s

t

r

e

t

c

h

e

d

on a

veinless weed

throbbing for blood while the bloated water

inches along.



Calamazoo


Calamazooians chortle and gack.

They swing

with the blade

of my elbowing toe.

Crystal plummets

in a firefly glow,

sweeping the threads of the sword in the foot.

Yaw!

Follow the charge to the magma

depths.

Hail to Calamazoo!


Bring

t

u

m

b

l

i

n

g

tales of potato-chopped trees.


Steel bites in my heel, and

they sing to the stone.


4 comments:

Kimkidoni said...

Stupid blogger, cramping my style. The formatting is messed up, but you get the idea.

Josh said...

Kim. I've decided you're wonderful. Yep. Well, actually, I guess I've always decided that. I just decided to say it today. "You're wonderful." Love it. Love ya.

Katya said...

i like. this is a little bit like a fantasy e.e. cummings mashup. very very cool. :)
when you're a famous author, can you dedicate a book to me? hehe

Kimkidoni said...

Thanks guys! You're wonderful too, Josh. And book-dedication won't happen because I'm lazy... ha ha.