Basically, drama sucks the life out of you. That's my excuse of an excuse of why I haven't written at all. Anyways, here's my classes update.
Math: EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!! It's this lame class for elementary school teachers that is basically all logic and abominations. We have to learn different bases just because!! Ok, maybe not just because, but the lame reason is, "You need to understand what your students are going through." I'm pretty sure that I do understand being that I had to learn the same things! Learning how to do math in bases 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, etc. is not going to help me in life. Everyone uses base 10. ARG! Sorry for the ranting; it's just frustrating. Also, my teacher is most malevolent. There's a reason she's old and unmarried. That was mean. I feel bad but not bad enough to go back and delete it bwa ha. Despite my dislike I'm still getting an A.
Civilizations/Humanities: We're learning about modern wars, which is good because I don't know a lot about it. The bad thing/ good thing (I'm still undecided) is that my teacher's teaching style is Mr. Kurtz-ish. She just shows us movies and she informed us a week ago that the books (that we had all already bought) were just for those students who wanted to go the extra mile. All of the answers for our tests are on these quizzes that she passes out daily. We don't have to take them; she just tells us the answers. Also, she over-booked the class so A-K meets on Monday L-Z on Wednesday and we all get together on Friday. My opinion is vacillating because I have too much on my plate with everything else, but I still feel like I would like to have a teacher who cares about the class. She is hilarious though.
Anthropology of Religion: I hate sex-obsessed old men!!! I realize that there are some sexual symbols in religion, but an indepth discussion of this is not required to get the point across. I really thought that I would like this class because the subject matter is interesting to me, but I hate feeling uncomfortable. The videos that he chooses to show are wack. Yes, it's nice to hear a religious story from the actual tribesmen, but not when there are topless tribeswomen running around. Closing my eyes after seeing it doesn't stop the original image from existing in my mind. Also, it's very possible to say that there is a religion where they go into convulsions without showing a video of it. It felt so... wrong. I could almost feel Satan's presence. Luckily, to counter this class I'm taking The Gospel and World Religions from Bro. Maughn. He's the best institute teacher I've ever had. It really helps me to keep the spirit in tact while still learning about other religions. It's a breath of fresh air.
U.S. Institutions: I actually like this class. The teacher is great and it has helped me to become very politically active. I need to study more to get better grades, but that's all that I really have to say about this class.
English: Ah, mi amore. This is hands down my favorite class. It's small and discussion-oriented. I probably talk too much, but I get so excited by the subject matter. We're reading 75 Arguments, and it's great. I would highly recommend it for a book club because it almost demands discussion. The writing has also been a release for my pent-up emotion. The teacher (a girl) is young and excellent and the people in the class are very prone to converse. I also have a guy friend in the class which always helps you to be more yourself, I think.
Work: It's not a class, but it feels like it sometimes. It has its highs and lows. I'm an office aide and I pretty much get paid to alphabetize. I don't mind though. The worst thing I've had to do is take staples out of papers and shred them. The best thing was writing on a typewriter yesterday. It was most enjoyable.
If you read all of that you're amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment