Saturday, October 17, 2009

Another poem... yes I am lazy.

Drain




Each fountain I pass calls me
to feed.
I’m pulled to push the bar
and release the captive rain.

I stoop to cool my thirst.
The water shoots to my dry,
gasping tongue.
I feast and still
need more.

I press my lips to the spiraling grate
and suck
as much as I can
before it gurgles and spats

down the drain.

5 comments:

Josh said...

I read this the other day and thought of you Kim:

Haikus are easy.
But sometimes they don't make sense.
Refrigerator.

: ) Thank you William Shatner.

Jody Lynn said...

awesome kim! i love you!

Kimkidoni said...

Ha ha! I've actually heard that poem before, and it makes me happy.

Katya said...

kim kim kim
you ought to be a writer, my dear. :)
i thoroughly enjoyed that poem.

Kimkidoni said...

Thank you, Katie! We'll see what happens...